Frequently Asked Questions
User Manual and Warranty Information
Packing List & Diagram
Ninebot Gokart Kit Exploded View
What should I do if the throttle brake fails while driving?
If the throttle brake suddenly fails during driving, please immediately pull the hand brake for emergency braking and power OFF the unit as soon as possible and check the Gokart Kit and Ninebot S power status separately and contact our After-Sales Service team by phone 1-888-523-5583 , by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also chat with us by clicking on the chat option on the bottom right hand side of the screen.
What accessories are included with the Gokart Kit?
After opening the packing box, open the inner side to check the accessories box
The accessories box will include the following items:
1. User Manual / Quick-start Guide / Limited Warranty Documentation
2.Inner hexagon Allen Key
3.Electric Control Communication cable
4.Steering wheel adjustment quick release assembly
5.Ninebot S steering bar removal tool assembly.
What should I pay attention to when driving the Gokart Kit?
1. The Gokart Kit was designed to be used by one person at a time do not carry another person or extra load to prevent injury or damage.
2. Please wear appropriate sport attire when driving the Gokart Kit and make sure your clothes, long hair, and or jewelry does not get caught.
3. It is prohibited to drive the Gokart Kit when it is raining or snowing, please keep it stored indoors in a cool and dry area and avoid any harsh environments.
What model is the Gokart Kit compatible with?
The Gokart Kit is compatible with the below Segway / Ninebot products:
1. Segway miniPRO
2. Ninebot S
The Gokart Kit is NOT compatible with the below Segway / Ninebot products:
1. Segway miniLITE
2. Ninebot S-Plus
What are the different speed modes on the Gokart Kit?
New Rider Mode：Max Speed is about 5mph (8kmh)
Normal Mode：Max Speed is about 12mph (18kmh)
Sports Mode：Max Speed is about 15mph (24kmh)
Reverse Mode：Max Speed is about 2mph (3kmh)
Please select the appropriate speed mode according to the driving proficiency and age of yourself, family and friends.
Can the Gokart Kit be transported in the trunk of my car?
The Gokart Kit can fit in the trunk of a typical sedan or SUV without disassembly from the Ninebot S.
Activating the Gokart Kit
Please follow these steps to activate the Gokart Kit:
1. Press the power button on the Ninebot S to turn on the unit and the Gokart Kit.
Please Note: The Gokart will automatically power off when idle for 10 minutes.
2. Open the Segway-Ninebot APP and connect your Gokart.
3. Follow the instructions in the app to activate the Gokart and complete the corresponding tutorial and exercises.
For your safety, the default values of the Gokart speed and sensitivity are set to low. Use the app to learn how to drive safely, then the speed limit can be gradually raised.
If you are receiving any error codes on your GoKart, or are not able to complete the tutorial, please follow these steps. (Error codes can be identified by counting the long beeps and the short beeps. 5 long and 7 short = 57)
Please try the highlighted steps in BOLD first. If they don’t solve the problem, go back and perform ALL of the steps in this order. (Please note that newer versions of the App might be slightly different.)
- Power off the Ninebot S (or miniPRO)
- If the GoKart does not power off, remove the batteries from the steering column
- Disconnect the cables between the GoKart and Ninebot S
- Remove the Ninebot S from the GoKart
- Set theNinebot S upside down so the standing platform is level but opposite of the normal position
- Keep hair, long clothing, jewelry clear of the wheels
- Press the power button on
- The wheels will rotate about 1/4 turn in alternating directions
- Press the power button off
- Set theNinebot S right side up
- Power on the Ninebot S
- Connect the Ninebot S to the app
- Clear the cache (App > "Me" > "Settings" > "Clear Cache")
- Check for any firmware updates, install as instructed (App > Tap the Gear Icon at top right > tap "Firmware Updates")
- Try to download the tutorial again, even if you already did before (Clearing the cache will often clear the tutorial downloads)
- *** Make sure it is in GoKart mode. (If you have the GoKart Firmware update installed, you will find this setting by opening the App > Tap the gear icon in the upper right side > Tap the GoKart Mode icon > slide the slider to the right)
- Power off the Ninebot S
- Reboot your phone
- Reinstall the Ninebot S to the GoKart, making sure the straps and the cable are securely fastened.
- Power on theNinebot S. If you do not see a blue light on the steering column, replace the 6x AA batteries with fresh batteries.
- Open the App. You should now see the vehicle as the GoKart, instead of as the Ninebot S
- If necessary, continue with the tutorials until completed
- *** Make sure that you are sitting in the GoKart and performing the steps prompted in the tutorial. You will not be able to complete the 2nd tutorial unless you perform the steps in it.
Ninebot Gokart Kit
Ninebot Gokart Kit Introduction