Reboot / Re-calibrate
The simplest way to re-calibrate the sensors of the Ninebot S is to do a reboot of the system.
To do that, follow these instructions:
- Delete the Segway-Ninebot app
- Reboot unit- see procedure below
- Reinstall app, log in
Keep in mind that this will also erase the Bluetooth password (yes, you can use this to reset your password if you ever forget it), you will need to go into settings and re-enter it.
- Set the Ninebot S upside down so the standing platform is level but opposite of the normal position
- Keep hair, long clothing, jewelry clear of the wheels
- Press the power button on and continue to hold it down.
- The wheels will rotate about 1/4 turn in alternating directions. **(Please let us know if one or both wheels do not turn, or if one of them is slower than the other.)
- Release the power button, then press the power button once again
- The tires should stop and you can flip the unit back over
- You can now start the machine and the app and attempt to pair as normal.
If you are still having issues then the next step would be returning this unit to our service center for warranty repair.
Please fill in the below form so that we can verify your warranty and help you with a service request.
Please remember to attach your proof of purchase before submitting the form as this is required for us to verify your warranty for service.
Ninebot S knee bar removal
As you may know there is slight difference of removing the steering bar of miniPRO and Ninebot S, after we scan the QR code on Gokart User Manual, we can have an access to some assembly instruction videos. miniPRO is the default settings after scanning the QR code, but you can also switch to Ninebot S.
Instruction as below:
- scan the QR code in the User Manual with your smart phone
- then you will enter into instruction videos; first you will see miniPRO assembly instructions, click the switch button on the top right corner and switch to Ninebot S assembly instructions.
- Follow the instructions and use the tools in the accessory box to remove the steering bar of Ninebot S.
Will Not Power Off
Check the Power Button: Do you feel a slight “click” when you press the power button? If not, there may be something stuck in there and the unit will need to be serviced.
Make sure that you are not standing on the foot plate or applying pressure of any type on the foot plate. If the foot plate detects pressure, it may prevent shutdown.
If you are still having problems, remove the battery. Look for any signs of burning or damage at the connection points. If there is, the unit must be inspected by a technician. If everything looks OK, you can reinstall the battery and charge it and try to power-on / power-off.
Steering Bar Removal
The instructions for the miniPRO are very similar to the Ninebot S removal.
Please see below:
1. For the Ninebot S you'll need to pop off the plastic cap then you'll see the 2 bolts.
2. Remove the 2 bolts and follow directions (step e) below with the smaller tool for the Ninebot S.
Guide Bar Repair