The simplest way to re-calibrate the sensors of the Ninebot S is to do a reboot of the system.
To do that, follow these instructions:
- Delete the Segway-Ninebot app
- Reboot unit- see procedure below
- Reinstall app, log in
Keep in mind that this will also erase the Bluetooth password (yes, you can use this to reset your password if you ever forget it), you will need to go into settings and re-enter it.
- Set the Ninebot S upside down so the standing platform is level but opposite of the normal position
- Keep hair, long clothing, jewelry clear of the wheels
- Press the power button on and continue to hold it down.
- The wheels will rotate about 1/4 turn in alternating directions. **(Please let us know if one or both wheels do not turn, or if one of them is slower than the other.)
- Release the power button, then press the power button once again
- The tires should stop and you can flip the unit back over
- You can now start the machine and the app and attempt to pair as normal.
If you are still having issues then the next step would be returning this unit to our service center for warranty repair.
Please fill in the below form so that we can verify your warranty and help you with a service request.
Please remember to attach your proof of purchase before submitting the form as this is required for us to verify your warranty for service.